If you’re looking for an R/C crawler that’s more compact than a 1/10-scale rig but a bit larger than a 1/24-scale model, check out the Tetra X1 from Panda Hobby. Featuring a brushed motor, a 2.4GHz radio system, 4-link suspension, and oil-filled shocks, this rig offers a unique take on small-scale crawling.
With a steel, ladder-frame chassis serving as its foundation, the Tetra X1 is set up just as you’d expect a radio-controlled rock crawler to be. A combination of materials (steel, nylon, and plastic) make up the chassis construction, which appears to be well-thought-out and quite capable.
Other highlights of this model include pre-installed LED lights, a 3-channel, 2.4GHz radio system, 3-speed transmission/speed selection, and a locked differential. The Jeep-inspired body is available in four color choices (red, blue, yellow, and orange), allowing you to start off with a rig that fits your personal style.
Tetra X1 Specs:
- Height: 136mm (5.35 in)
- Length: 263mm (10.30 in)
- Width: 120mm (4.72 in)
- Wheelbase: 150mm (5.90 in)
- Shock Type: 55mm(2.16 in) Oil-filled, partial alloy (4)
- Brake Type: Electronic
- Steering: Chassis Mounted Servo
- Transmission: 3-speed H-M-L, Remote Shifting
- Lights: Front & Rear LED (controllable)
- Speed Control: Included – fully proportional forward & reverse
- Suspension: Solid Axle 4-Link
- Differential: Locked
- Radio: 2.4GHz
Image credit: Panda Hobby