Name a more dynamic duo than the R/C hobby and monster trucks. It’s ok, I’ll wait… All joking aside, it can be hard to separate the two, but why would you want to do that? In recent years, monster trucks have been making a comeback in the hobby, especially in the world of small-scale R/C machines.
While we’ve seen several 1/24-scale models released in the last 12 months, there hasn’t been much in the way of 1/18-scale models (until now). Following the release of ARRMA’s 1/18 Grom Mega Monster Truck, Losi is joining the fun with its 1/18 LMT 4×4 Brushed Monster Truck. With true-to-life details and a robust chassis, this truck looks like it can provide serious fun for fans of 1:1 monster truck action.
Similar in style to their larger LMT 4×4, this smaller-scale variant features scale visual details that are paired with a durable chassis. Highlights of the 1/18 LMT 4×4 include metal front and rear diffs, aluminum suspension links, threaded oil-filled shocks, and aluminum chassis plates.
On the electronics front, Losi’s LMT 4×4 features a Spektrum 2.4GHz radio system, a Spektrum SC108 Micro Digital Metal Gear Servo, a 25T, 380-size brushed motor, and a 25A 2-in-1 ESC.
Two body styles and livery options are available to choose from as well; Grave Digger and Son of a Digger. Both trucks feature color-scheme-matching chassis components, roll bar tubes, and wheel accents.
Losi 1/18 LMT 4×4 Brushed Monster Truck Specs:
- Power Type: Electric
- Gear Pitch: 0.5MOD
- Servos: Included
- Product Weight: 1.834 lb (0.84kg)
- Tire Tread: Chevron
- Vehicle Type: Monster Truck
- Charger: Included
- Differential: Bevel Gear HD Grease
- Receiver: Included
- Shock Type: Oil-Filled Coil Over
- Vehicle Size: Mini
- Product Width: 8.1″ (206 mm)
- Radio: Included
- Approximate Assembly Time: Less Than 1 Hour
- Body: Grave Digger and Son-uva Digger, prepainted, decalled
- Brakes: Integral with ESC
- Pinion: 15T
- Scale: 1/18
- Final Drive Ratio: 16.2:1
- Motor Type: Brushed
- Speed Control: Included
- Wheelbase: 6.8″ (173 mm)
- Battery: Included
- Connector Type: IC2
- Ground Clearance: 0.9 in (22.3mm)
- Internal Gear Ratio: 7.02:1
- Motor Size: 25T 380 size
- Product Length: 10.9″ (277 mm)
- Spur Gear: 32T Idle and 30T Bottom Gear
- Suspension: Solid Axle 4-link
- Wheel Width: 1.97 in (50mm)
- Ball Bearings : Full Ball Bearings
- Chassis: 1.5mm Plate 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Drive Type: Forward/Brake/Reverse
- Product Height: 6.9″ (175 mm)
- Tire Compound: Soft
The Losi 1/18 LMT 4×4 Brushed Monster Truck is priced at $269.99 and is available online and through Losi and Horizon Hobby dealers. Visit horizonhobby.com to learn more about this 1/18-scale R/C monster truck.
Image credit: Horizon Hobby