I’m used to seeing Axial and Horizon Hobby releases on Thursday morning, but I’ll take a Wednesday night release, too. Over on the Axial Instagram page, they’ve announced a new 1/24 model, the SCX24 Dodge Power Wagon, alongside the SCX24 Flat Bed Vehicle Trailer. This double-release pairs a refined SCX24 hardbody rig with a functional trailer to take on your small-scale crawling adventures.
Details are scarce at this time, but Axial has posted the following alongside images of their new releases:
“Today we announce the new SCX24 Dodge Power Wagon & a new accessory for your SCX24 — the SCX24 Flat Bed Vehicle Trailer! Both available seperately.
- NEW Axial SCX24™ 1940s Dodge Power Wagon 1:24 4WD RTR available in two colors
- Custom hard plastic 4-door classic Dodge Power wagon body — Fully-licensed and loaded with detail!
- Oil-filled shocks — desirable upgrade now included for improved performance!
- Spektrum electronics — Spektrum battery and 2-in-1 ESC/receiver plus an all-new USB charger!
- Pro-Line tires and wheels — Super Swamper tires and Holcomb +2mm beadlock wheels!
- Included Scale accessories — Bed rack, roof top tent, and scale accessories in the box!”
My interest in the SCX24 has been waning, but this new model looks very interesting. The small-scale crawling scene is as hot as it’s ever been, and releases like this one only help fan the flames.
Be sure to check back for additional information on this release. In the meantime, head over to the Axial Instagram page to see more images of the SCX24 Dodge Power Wagon.