The Axial brand is synonymous with R/C crawling. While they’ve ventured into other areas of R/C, they’ve remained true to their roots, especially with their latest release, the AX24 XC-1.
While it looks like another branch in the SCX24 family tree, the AX24 is a new breed of small-scale crawler. With oversized tires, a high-clearance body, and four-wheel-steering, this little rig was built to crawl.
Under the crawling-performance-focused body, you’ll find a side plate chassis that offers greater suspension travel than a standard ladder-frame setup. The AX24’s shocks are longer than you’d find on other 1/24-scale models, and the tires are beefy and aggressively treaded.
Two body color options are available (orange/black and black/green) each with color-coordinated faux outer-beadlock rings.
Axial AX24 XC-1 Specs:
- Product Height: 3.7″ (94 mm)
- Ball Bearings: Complete Vehicle
- Chassis: Side Plate
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Speed Control: Included
- Wheelbase: 5.3″ (135 mm)
- Motor Type: Brushed
- Rear Track: 4.5 in (113mm)
- Front Track: 4.5 in (113mm)
- Product Width: 4.5″ (114 mm)
- Tire Tread: Axial Rock Lizards
- Vehicle Type: Rock Crawler
- Pinion: 11T
- Scale: 1/24
- Charger: Included
- Differential: Worm Gear 16T/4T
- Receiver: Included
- Shock Type: Coil-over 1.35-2.0 in (35-51mm), Plastic
- Product Length: 7.8″ (198 mm)
- Spur Gear: 55T
- Steering Type: 4WS
- Suspension: Solid Axle, Front and Rear
- Wheel Width: 0.5 in (12.5mm)
- Connector Type: PH 2.0 (High-Current Ultra Micro)
- Ground Clearance: 1.3 in (34mm)
The AX24 XC-1 is priced at $159.99 and will be available through Horizon Hobby, Axial, and their dealers. Visit horizonhobby.com to learn more about this 1/24-scale R/C rock crawler.
Image credit: Horizon Hobby