Are you looking for more performance from your SCX24 or AX24? If so, Spektrum has announced the Firma 8A Sensored Brushless Smart ESC/Motor Combo, a setup that will give your small-scale rig smooth performance and plenty of power.
Designed to be a drop-in replacement for the stock brushed motor on the SCX24 and AX24, this brushless upgrade kit features a 4500kv brushless motor and an ESC with pre-programmed “crawler mode”.
If you’re upgrading to this system, you’ll need to add a dedicated radio receiver to the mix, as this ESC doesn’t have one built-in.
Spektrum Firma 1/24 8A Sensored Brushless Smart ESC/Motor Combo Specs:
- Auto Cutoff: Yes
- Low-Voltage Cutoff Programmable: No
- Number of Poles : 2
- Output Connector: 2mm Bullet
- Overload Protection: Yes
- Connector Type: PH 2.0 (High-Current Ultra Micro)
- BEC: Yes
- Input Voltage: 1 – 2S LiPo
- RPM/Volt (Kv): 4500
- Sensored: Yes
- Forward: Yes
- Reverse: Yes
- Maximum Burst Current: 40A
- ESC Type: Brushless Sensored
- Maximum Continuous Current: 8A
- Motor Type: Brushless Sensored
- Brakes: Integral with ESC
The Spektrum Firma 8A Sensored Brushless Smart ESC/Motor Combo for 1/24-scale Rock Crawlers is priced at $89.99 and is available through Horizon Hobby and its dealers. Visit horizonhobby.com to learn more about this 1/24 brushless motor and ESC combo.
Image credit: Horizon Hobby