Low on price, high on fun. Those are two attributes I look for in any new R/C vehicle. Small-scale cars and trucks seem to fit these criteria quite well, and now there’s one more model to add to the growing list of low-cost, full-featured machines.
Horizon Hobby’s budget-friendly brand, Revolution RC, has launched a new 1/18-scale short course truck, the Seismic SCT. This is a four-wheel drive truck featuring a brushed motor, NiMh battery, waterproof/water resistant electronics, and 2.4GHz radio system.
In the looks department, the Seismic SCT fits the mold when it comes to radio-controlled short course trucks. The body design looks fun and graphics are bold and eye-catching. Two body colors are available to choose from (red/black or yellow/black).
Power for this vehicle comes from a 380-size brushed motor, and an included 900mah NiMh battery. This should provide plenty of “get up and go” for this smaller-scale model, making it a great beginner truck.
Revolution RC 1/18 Seismic SCT Specs:
- Ball Bearings: Included
- Batteries: 7.2V 900mah NiMh, Stick Pack
- Body: Screened
- Charger: 100mAh, 9V, US plug, EC3 connector
- Chassis: Composite
- Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
- Differential: Gear
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Final Drive Ratio: 8.77Gear Pitch: 0.5 Module
- Ground Clearance: 1 in (25mm)
- Height: 4 in (101.6mm)
- Internal Gear Ratio: 2.533
- Length: 10.25 in (260.35mm)
- Motor Size: 370
- Motor Type: Brushed
- Pinion: 13T
- Radio: ECX 2.4Ghz, 2-Channel
- Servos: Included
- Shock Type: CompositeSize/Scale: 1/18
- Speed Control: Included
- Spur Gear: 45T
- Suspension: Independent
- Tire Compound: Medium
- Tire Diameter: 2.4 in (61mm)
- Tire Tread: All-Terrain
- Track: 5.5 in (140mm)
- Vehicle Type: Short Course Truck
- Water-Resistant: Yes
- Weight: 23 oz (575g)
- Wheel Diameter: 1.5 in (38.1mm)
- Wheel Type: White, Star
- Wheel Width: 0.75 in (22.2mm)
- Wheelbase: 6.5 in (165mm)Width: 6.5 in (165.1 mm)
The Revolution Seismic SCT 1/18-scale short course truck is priced at $99.99, making it a budget buy and a great “take anywhere” radio-controlled truck. Learn more about this new model at horizonhobby.com.
Image credit: Horizon Hobby