ECX’s small-scale lineup is expanding, thanks in part to the new Barrage 1/24 UV Scaler Crawler. Based on the original Barrage 1/24, this new offering sports a utility vehicle-style body, scale accessories in a compact, take-anywhere package.
A classic ladder-frame chassis sits underneath the Barrage UV’s body and is powered by an ultra-small brushed motor. The electronics are all waterproof/water-resistant, so you should be able to drive this truck just about anywhere you’d like.
On the visual side, the utility vehicle body is chock-full of accessories, including a spare tire, tools, side mirrors and snorkel. Capping this truck off are two body color options (yellow and blue).
Small-scale Falken Wildpeak MT tires and deep-dish wheels help round out the scale details of this truck, which should be as fun to look at as it will be to drive.
A 2.4GHz radio brings impressive range and control to this tiny truck. I hope the performance, specifically on the low-end/torque side, has improved over the original Barrage 1/24. Given how great this truck looks, the performance aspects were my biggest disappointment.
ECX Barrage 1/24 UV Scaler Crawler Specs:
- Batteries: 4.8V 220mAh NiMH Pack
- Body: Utility Body
- Bushing Material: Metal
- Charger: USB
- Chassis: Ladder Frame
- Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
- Differential: Locked
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Front Track: 4 inches (101.6mm)
- Ground Clearance: 1/2 inch (12.7mm)
- Height: 4 inches (101.6mm)
- Length: 9 inches (228.6mm)
- Motor Type: Brushed
- Pinion: 12T
- Radio: 2-Channel
- Rear Track: 4 inches (101.6mm)
- Servos: Installed
- Shock Type: Spring Loaded
- Size/Scale: 1/10
- Speed Control: Installed
- Spur Gear: 64T
- Suspension: Multi-Link Solid Axle
- Tire Diameter: 1.8 inches (46mm)
- Tire Tread: Mud Terrain
- Weight: .46 LB (.2kg)
- Wheel Diameter: 1 inch (25.4mm )
- Wheel Type: Black, dish.
- Wheel Width: 0.6 inches (15mm)
- Wheelbase: 4.75 inches (120.6mm)
- Width: 4 inches (101.6mm)
The ECX Barrage UV Scaler Crawler is priced at $99.99 and is available in-store at ECX dealers. Visit horizonhobby.com to learn more about this small-scale crawler model.
Image credit: Horizon Hobby